France’s Got Talent suspended after top judge Gilbert Rozon accused of sexual abuse 

19 Oct

The 62-year-old impresario is the latest powerful man to be caught in the fallout from the Harvey Weinstein scandal, after the Hollywood mogul was accused of decades of sexual abuse and harassment.

“Shaken by the allegations against me, I want to dedicate all my time to review the matter,” Mr Rozon wrote on Facebook.

“To all those who I may have offended in my life, I’m sincerely sorry.”

An M6 spokesman said that the show had not been scrapped. “Its broadcast has been suspended but it will return later,” he said.

According to Le Parisien, M6 only learned of police action on Thursday morning, plunging the producers into a “terrible emergency”. They had already recorded five programmes this summer, at a cost of around €2 million. 

David Ginola, the former French international footballer who played for several Premiership clubs, is the show’s host.

This season’s semi-finals were due to be recorded “in the coming days”.

The Weinstein scandal has unleashed a torrent of reaction from French film figures, politicians and online commentators.

French film star Marion Cotillard wrote on Instagram: “More than once in my career I was confronted to a situation where I had to dodge predators. All the brave women who have spoken up are hopefully opening a new chapter.”

No comments yet

Leave a Reply